Friday, September 26, 2008
college awkwardness
Since most of you forget what college classes were like...the other day I was sitting in my 9am Literature and Bible class. Like true men, Tim Latham, Greg Menna and myself were practicing "Dude Seating" which for you ladies out there is a seat between each guy. Anyhow, I was in the middle with two empty seats next to me, which I enjoy because I can spread out, stretch my arms to either side, etc. (in the back row of course). So its like 35 minutes into class and I'm a little restless and I look out the entrance and make weird eye contact with some dude who's walking into class 35 minutes late! I immediately look away and try to focus on the lecture, but two seconds later, the kid plops down over my arm, resting across the seat back, and conveniently sits down between me and Tim. Keep in mind this is with just 15 minutes left in class! So, it was weird - greg, tim, and I all shared a little chuckle and thought that would be it. But then the unthinkable happened...the kid began to pick his nose and proceeded to do so the entire 15 minutes that he was in class. Who does that?! I mean not just pick his nose, but come to class 35 minutes late, and then sit down between two dudes that you don't know, and completely ignore the dude seating principle. It wasn't quite over there though. When class ended he tried to hop back over the seat and his foot fell between the seat and the seat back and he was stuck for what had to be 30 seconds and couldn't get out and wasn't resolved until he had to untie his shoe and take it off in order to remove it from the seat's abyss. So it was a humorous class. Fast forward a few hours...I'm walking up the steps to my apartment and am unlocking my door when I hear someone walking up the steps behind me, so I turn around. Over my right shoulder, the awkward nosepicker extraordinaire appeared and entered the apartment right next to mine. All this time he has lived there and I had no idea that I lived next to someone who has easily become a campus legend in some circles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha oh my gosh that is an awesome story and a sweet post! well done alex! i cant believe that guy, and i appreciate the tutorial in "dude seating" i didn't know about that!
it was so good to see you last weekend!
hahaha. wow...i miss wm!
Wow.. you may have a new stalker or something..
and good job finally posting!
Post a Comment