Hey guys! Sorry for going so long without updates. As Ashley informed you, I had back surgery last week, and am feeling better (less sore) day by day. I had a follow-up with the doctor yesterday and he said the wound is healing up fine and the soreness will go away soon. He told me I can obviously walk, but also do light treadmill and elliptical work as I can handle it, so that's good. In a month I'll be able to do more specific lifting and throwing little by little, provided everything continues to go well. So all good news from the doctor!
I also have some other very exciting news...My parents are buying a new house! We looked at it after Christmas while visiting family in Orbisonia (the same little town that Chris & Katie drove through on their way to Penn State). It is an older house that my Mom has loved since she was a little girl. Its on2.5 acres and has 3 Br's and 3 bathrooms, the remnants of a barn are on the property along with a little building right next to it that was a store at one time. Its a beautiful place, but will take a lot of work over the next couple of years. They don't plan on moving there until my Mom retires from teaching in 1-2 years. It is officially in the little town of Fort Littleton, which is smaller than Orbisonia, and is just a mile from the PA Turnpike. I am very excited for them and hope that I can help them work on it soon! That also means that the house our family has lived in for the past 23 years will be sold within a couple years.
Classes start again this Wednesday and I am very much looking forward to the last first day of school of my life! Only 16 credits stand in front of me and a college degree,Woohoo!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're so close to that degree!! I'm excited for your parents about the house. It sounds amazing. I want an old house sooo badly, but not really that much land. Glad the back is feeling better!
i'm glad you're healing well and feeling better! and your folks house sounds awesome. i'm picturing schrute farm...is that about right? i hope so! and hey good luck on the rest of classes- any fun ones?
so my mom has a TON of family in orbisonia!! how strange is that? its likely that some of them will be your neighbors :)
Post a Comment