Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Broomball 2008

So this week was everyone's favorite FCA event of the year, and that of course being the icy phenomenon known as Broomball! It was a ton of fun and a lot of people showed up once again. My 2008 Broomball experience lasted a little longer than most, though. Instead of arriving back in Williamsburg around midnight like most participants, I arrived home around 4:45am. This was caused by a detour to the ER at a Newport News hospital. I decided to try a new strategy when "taking someone out" by knocking them to an icy shock. What ensued was a 6' 7" basketball player falling on my head and my chin cracking the ice. Everything seemed cool at first, until blood started dripping down a few minutes later. To make a long story short, I ended up with 6 stitches on my chin! To make things even more interesting, another girl decided to copy me after I had left, and proceed to get a cut above her eye, which resulted in 8 stitches! So yes, I lost this years most stitches as a result of Broomball contest this year :( .

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so proud of you!

jennie said...

oh my gosh thats intense! way to make broomball a memorable event though. glad you're ok!